The PRS Foundation in association with the BASCA Trust have launched a new fund offering grants of up to 10k for songwriters or writer-producers to help develop their careers.
The scheme is open to UK based artists that have released/ or are credited on three commercially released products – this could be a track that received radio play, or a track out on a service like Spotify or Apple Music.
Grants can be applied for to cover:
- Recording costs
- Costs relating to songwriter camps/ co-writes/ collaboration
- Musician fees
- Creative / professional development
- UK studio space rent
- Training / Skills courses
- Marketing and promotional costs related to songs/tracks reaching an audience
- International activity that could build your profile and benefit your creative development (other than international conference events which can be covered by the International Showcase Fund)
- Project related maternity or child care costs
UKRnB thinks this is a great opportunity for artists and creatives in the UK RnB scene so make sure you apply, theres nothing to lose!
Applications can made through the PRS Foundation website here. Applications must be submitted with at least five pieces of work, preferably tracks which show your full potential. The first deadline for applications to be submitted is on 19th June 2017.
The fund is also supported by Grammy nominated songwriter Carla Marie Williams – who is most known for writing Beyonce’s “Freedom” but has also written for Britney Spears, Craig David, Girls Aloud and Kylie Minogue. She goes on to say:
“I’m so delighted the Writer Producer Fund has been created. As a professional songwriter of 10 years, I can seriously say The Writer Producer Fund will most definitely be a crucial new resource for songwriters wanting to invest in themselves and create new opportunities for their careers, whilst maintaining momentum. The fund will inspire and motivate a community of songwriters and will hopefully help to increase UK songwriters success worldwide! Exciting times!”